The LoOpDoctOrs scream HELP!!!

Dear Kim:

We just tried to install the full 4 by 4 of SIMS into our Echoplex.
AGGHGGGHGGHGG!

The machine just went bonkers, blinking indecipherable code on the display
and then shutting down.

We have tried doing the hold down "parameter" button and turn on power
reboot...but it isn't working.  More gobledygook code.

We bought 30 pin, 70 ns simms, but it doesn't seem to be working.  We have
one of the oldie Echoplexes with a sticker inside that says Dec. 1994.  You
have any ideas what we should try next?  We have installed simms many times
and are completely hip to anti static warnings.

Best,
The LoOpDoctOrs