EBow Maintenance Tips #1

Having heard enough EBow discussion to slightly water down the
Jamman/Echoplex love feast, here's a few cents from me.

At some time you will get around to replacing the connector to the battery.
 I've had mine for over 6 years, and, between use, plastic age, and somehow
an increasing amount of batteries with the terminals bent to hold too
tightly (and the resultant stress associated with replacing each battery),
one of the connector's terminals popped off the hard plastic seating.  I
was at a remote location and had no way to fix it, and the damned battery
wouldn't let go.

When I got back to town I replaced the hard plastic battery connector with
a flexible one, making sure to solder the wires together completely.  As I
had found the leads to it too short in the first place, leading often to a
difficult changing scenario, I left an extra inch or so on the leads that I
soldered on.  It's been a lot easier since I did that, especially since a
battery change doesn't mean some trepidation that I might bust something,
anymore.

(By the way, my web page below now has streaming 28.8 RealAudio!)

Stephen Goodman       * Download The Loop Of The Week and more!
EarthLight Studios         * http://www.primenet.com/~sgoodman/Studios