Music Descriptions

Hi!
        I'd like to know how fellow loopers/experimental musicians describe
their music to people. For instance: I'm always faced with re-vamping my
promotional materials and looking for new ways to describe what I do.
        I also get a lot of questions at performances like, 'Uh, what type
of
music is that??'
        Are there any poetic/creative/insightful/concise descriptions
floating
around out there?
        Another concern is how to describe my music in a few words over the
phone to venue owners/bookers. Launching into a rant about ambient or
experimental music is rather esoteric and I gag on the phrase, 'new
age', but to the unenlightened <g> that is a simple (however sickening)
description for the masses. Most people have a hard time relating to
music (or anything!) that doesn't fit neatly into a popular genre.
        Shameless plug: check out the new sound clips at my web site and
the
availability of my new CD. Yeah!

Dave

'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082
'If you don't know where you're going,
you'll probably get there.' - Robert Fripp