RE: Hard disk recording/looping

On the Mac side there is Deck II.  I've used it for years,
great program.  You can loop with it.  You use
it with the buit in DSP on powermacs, quadra av's
or with cards from Digidesign or Korg.  You
can check it out at the Macromedia web site

Http://www.macromedia.com/

 Mark of theUnicorn makes a program called Digital Performer
that combines MIDI and HD recording, I
suppose you can loop with that also.  I think it is
available for PC's also.  Don't  use it myself.
 I do use their Freesytle sequencer
and Unisynth Patch Librian software om a powermac.

web:
Http://www.motu.com/

Both have good tech support and user e-mailing lists.

later
John