Re: Paul Dresher

Paul Dresher is still living in the bay area. His most recent project is
his own band-the Paul Dresher Ensemble-that has violin, bassoon,
midi-vibes, drums (midi), keyboard, and himself on various guitars. The
composer Steve Mackey (who has a great CD of his own, featuring all sorts
of looping, called "Lost and Found," on Bridge Records) is currently
working
on an opera for the ensemble and Rinde Eckert, and I am lucky enough
to be writing a piece for them as well; both will be performed as part of
their tour next spring. They will also be touring parts of CA this
November. I think they have plans for a CD in the near future. They are
one of the most interesting ensembles that I've run into, though I'm not
sure how much looping they are currently doing...

Dan

"we need new instruments very badly..."
Edgar Varese