Re: Gear plug: Tascam 564

Sean said:
>Much as I've suggested that MIDI looping could do lots of
>things audio looping can't, I wish digital recorders weren't
>so tied to the "tape multitrack" metaphor.

Fully lagreed. Will be a question of time to overcome the tradition adn
elaborate a different model. I wonder what the next version of DECK "using
the library extensively" brings.

>There's no reason
>in software you can't mix arbitrary numbers of tracks together,
>not in real-time, but as far as I know, all of the computer-based
>"digital multitracks" still require you to manually bounce things
>down yourself, rather than automate the process.  But this is
>getting way off topic...

Not so much, because similar questions apply for multitrack looping or the
adaption of a HD sound editor for looping. We had some of this talk last
september under the great subject "helo and such" and maybe others.

Matthias