Re: LOOPING PHILOSOPHY (condensed)

Kim Flint wrote:

> Yet more proof that guitarists are the most arrogant people on earth....
>
> Could we please broaden our minds a little bit and stop trying to prove
>that
> one approach to music is oh so much more special than another? There's no
> need to be threatened by someone who's a bit different from you. Learn
>from
> the differences, you might grow a little bit.
>
> kim
>
> (and next time you want to make gross generalities about some group or
> another, recall that you live in texas and there's no shortage of good
> redneck jokes! :-) )

        I have not posted to the Looper list before: my roomate is a
guitarist
and synthesist and I'm a singer and flutist...
        Though I do not wish to attack anyone on their views of music and
its
wide range of expressivity, I do not think a DJ is a musician. He may be
a craftsman and an artist, just as say, a non-musician sound engineer
can be, but I *do* believe you must play a musical instrument to be
considered a musician. (And, yes, a voice *is* a musical instrument).:)
        If there is disagreement here, perhaps we must broaden our concept
of
what a musical instrument is...?

Misha

'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082
"Nothing worthwhile is achieved suddenly"  -Robert Fripp