Ambience

Hi again,

Y'know, it occurred to me that because I play jazz guitar in restaurants
every week, that I am truly making "ambient music," in the most literal
sense, on a regular basis. Take it from me, after a while it's not that
satisfying from a performance point of view. Maybe it's my Old Age ego,
but the more people that actually pay conscious attention to me, the
happier I am (in line with that, I'm cutting back my restaurant schedule
in order to make room for other things).

Note, however, that if I brought my Echoplex to one of these
restaurants, the results would undoubtedly be "non-ambient", due to the
novelty alone, even if I played "polite" music.
--
Yours truly,
Warren Sirota