Vortex live (long)

Hi,

I played a gig last night in which a performance artist/painter was getting
a tattoo done on his spine, and my job was to take the close miked sound of

the needle, run it thru my EMS Pitch-To-Voltage Converter to drive a VCS-3,
which in turn was being fed directly through the Vortex and my SDE-330
Dimensional Space Delay.  I had a long cluster echo on the Delay, and a
sweet variation on the Bleen patch on the Vortex which I was madly editing
in real-time just cycling away.

Since I have only owned my Vortex for a couple of weeks, I hadn't had the
chance to use it in a live situation.  At some point, I was trying to
figure
out which patch point on the VCS-3 was doing all this wonderful wailing
and spinning and it was then I realized it was the Lexicon talking.  What a
powerful device.

You haven't truly experienced the Vortex until you've used it in a concert
setting.

There was also someone doing live video processing who at some point
generated some nice swirling patterns.  I wonder why?...

Everyone got home safely, their hearing intact (no ringing) and their
internal
organs only slightly crushed by the spinning subharmonics.

Just thought I'd share this with you.

D 4 V 1 D    K R 1 5 T 1 4 N

Not always that noisy.