Scorn / Mick Harris

alice crash wrote:

> have u heard Scorn? on Invisible records. nice minimalist stuff with an
> almost drum-nbass thing going. its done by the drummer from napa;m death
> ( but dont let this fool u)

The guy behind Scorn is Mick Harris, and I just picked up a side project
CD by him -- mick harris,eraldo bernocchi:overload lady. This is a bit
more frantic than Scorn, in fact it is drum-n-bass, but the interesting,
and relevant, thing about it is that is incorporates jungle-like
breakbeats but uses them more repetitively, with less variation than
most jungle, which tends to be manic.

Mick Harris also has a project called Lull, which from what I know is
very minimal, what some might call dark ambient.

Thom

--
     _   _ _                Thom Heileson
   //)) //^~                            heileson@u.washington.edu