Re: Multi-effects Unit

I use a Yamaha G10 pedal; it's discontinued, but can be found for
around $250 used. Pros: very transparent to the through signal (adds no
color), small, has an assignable expression pedal, good chorus & digital
delay, ok flange, ok compression, ok wah wah (programmable), can
function as volume pedal, easy to program. Cons: pitch shift is cheesy,
has no reverbs, pedal cannot be assigned to delay time or chorus depth
(only mix or level). The unit also has distortions, amp simulator, and
EQ, which I don't use. I put it in the effects loop of my amp and it
sounds great.
  When I've shopped for effects gear I try out many products, but always
seem to gravitate to Yamaha for value: good sound & reliabilty for a
reasonable price. On the other hand Digitech and Art stuff always seems
to disappoint me. I bought 3 Digitech RP6's and they never could get me
one that worked; sounded cheesy anyway. This is the third different
Yamaha product I've had.