Re: looping vocals, guitar or both?

>  Alright, all you gear-knowledgable people.  I'm about ready to buy a
>looping
>  toy and further twist my personality.  I want to know how I can
>selectively,
>  with one looping device,
>          1) loop guitar,   2) loop vocal,   and  3) both.
>
>  I assume I can run  both from my mixer, or use an A/B box to choose one
>or
>  the other.  Is there a box (commercially or that I can make) that
>allows me
>  to switch between the THREE options noted above?

Morley makes a couple of pedals along these lines; the one I use has one
input/output jack, an A jack, and a B jack.  You can select between A
alone, B alone, or A and B combined.  I use it live when I'm running two
amps at once to switch between a "normal" unprocessed guitar sound and my
looped stereo rig, by plugging my guitar into the in/out jack and running
each of the A and B jacks to one of the amps.  But there's no reason you
couldn't invert the formula, i.e. plug a mike into A, a guitar into B,
and then send the in/out jack signal into your looper.

It's a pretty good piece of gear, and retails for about $40 bucks.  It
can be run both with or without a battery (the former option drives LEDs
which tell you what channels are engaged).

--Andre