Footpedal replacement parts

Hello all --

I need technical specifications on exactly what part or parts need to be
ordered in order to replace the Record switch on the Echoplex footpedal.
In a strictly technical sense, what do I need to tell the casier at the
local music store to order?  I've also heard that metal switches can be
used, which are somewhat more expensive (though, at the $2.00 price I've
heard, it's hardly prohibitive) but are more sturdy than the plastic ones
which come factory loaded.  Any details on these?

Again, it's the Record switch that I need to replace.  I have an
impending audition next Monday with the plex, and since I may have to
special-order the part, I'd appreciate any info on what I need to track
down (and where I might be most likely to find it) ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

--Andre