Guitar rig advice wanted

I'm thinking putting an electric guitar and miscellaneous other things
(guitar synth, mandolin with a transducer pickup, vocal mike) through a
mixer, an Echoplex, and then on to a PA board. Question: is there any way
to do this and have the electric guitar sound good? Currently, I have a '62
Strat that I play through an all tube Fender Hod Rod Deluxe and it sounds
*great*. I play it with only a trace of distortion, and I love the sound.
Is there any way to get anything remotely close without using a guitar amp?
(I once used a SansAmp for recording purposes, and I thought the sound was
bad compared to miking the guitar amp.)

If not, then I fear the only thing I'll be able to loop will be my guitar,
or else I'll have to send the other stuff through the guitar amp, which is
not known for great sound for anything but a guitar. (I can't afford two
Echoplexes for just me.)

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

-Len