Re: Echoplex Upgrade...etc.

At 12:34 PM -0500 11/16/97, djdowling@earthlink.net wrote:
>Some Questions-
>
>Q: Do brand new Plexes come with the new system in place or is it only
>available as an Upgrade?

new ones have the new software.

>Q: If the unit does come with all the new fixings - how do I get one: a)
>from my local dealer. b)From Oberheim. c)Somewhere else?

local dealer, you might want to contact Oberheim to discover who that is
and whether or not they have any in stock yet.

>Q: How much do the new units go for? How much shopping should I do?

list price is something like $800, but don't quote me. Street price is
probably lower.

>Q: Can I run my GR-30, with stereo outputs, into the Plex?

The echoplex is mono, so you couldn't run true stereo loops with one of
them. However, the echoplex is designed to allow multiple units to sync to
each other. It is rather common for people to buy two echoplexes and set
them up in a master/slave arrangement for stereo operation. The echoplex is
designed to handle this stereo configuration, and does it very well with
the new software. You can add moreunits  if your budget can tolerate it,
and get as multitracked as you like. Also, you don't need to have multiple
units follow a master, they can be operated independently while using the
sync to give some relationships among the loops. This is used for
multitracks with different instruments, polyrhythmic looping, more complex
mixing control of multiple loops, band-of-loopers, etc.

hope this helps,

kim