Top 10 and looping techs.

My top 10 list of most played discs is heavily influenced by hanging out
with my 8 yr old daughter who is a top 40 and "alternative" fan, and a
limited budget for buying CDs (too much spent on my own gear):

1. Spice Girls (some of the production is admirable...)
2. Sarah McLaghlan (grows on you, beautiful)
3. XTC (my fav band by far, new album to be out in 5/98 I hear)
4. Talvin Singh presents Soundz of the Asian Underground
5. new Bjork
6. Fleetwood Mac live
7. Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks "Orange Crate Art"
8. Beatles Anthology
9..

I'm too involved in creating my own shit to listen much to other music, and
find there's not enough time and money to hear all the great stuff people
recommend. I have a band doing trad songs with vocals and harmony (working
on CD and refining writing and arranging), but have tendency to do
experimental stuff on my own.

Looping:

My "typical" loop trip is using a VG8 into a JamMan and Vortex, sometime
synced to an MC303. I was recently given a beautifyl kalimba which I've
looped along with an African drum for some fey World music soundz.

I am a huge fan of Logic Audio and spend lots of time working within that
environment working on captured loops and adding improv guitar or K2000
tweaks.

Thanks for all the cool recommends for techniques and discs.

Great list!

Neil
ngold@imagina.com
Portland, OR USA