Bungle Good

I would like to unanimously agree with Kim's post about Mr Bungle.
Fortunately, I saw them in brisbane a year ago, and the show was crowded,
but not a total sellout. (Who would have thought living in Brisbane would
have it's perks...)
The crowd was a diverse sample to say the least.
In a strange way Mr Bungle are at the same time the antithesis of music
and the icon of music.
Also, like a lot of loopers around the place, they use a lot of
interesting techniques to get their sound.
The mix of sound I experienced at the Bungle concert was so clear, that I
could hear every nuance from every musician. Not a small feat considering
what they played and how often they do a musical about-face.
If you have a chance to see them, do.
BTW, they do a great cover of "Tower of Strength"!.

I may as well throw in what I am listening to at the present.........

Peter Gabriel - Best of (Will I ever stop listening to it?)
        I just purchased "EVE", but have yet to play with it...
King Crimson - Great Deceiver
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Fripp and Eno - No Pussyfooting
Tackhead
David Bowie - Scary Monsters and Earthling
Gorecki- Miserere
Laurie Anderson - Bright Red
Sepultura - Chaos AD
Doug Anthony All Stars - ICON
Regurgitator - Tu Plang (Kong foo sing - the tasty biscuit)

Things I am looking at a lot......
Clouds (They loop too...)
Computer Games (An interesting way of looping has occurred in newer
computer games, the use of CD audio allows music to be played of the CD at
certain times in the game.
Music may be triggered by where you are in the game, or whatever. The end
result is a whole lot of short, discreet pieces of music, that are all
different, but will all flow on from the last (If it is good).
Quite a challenge.
A game worth checking out for just being beautiful is "The Neverhood", it
has refreshing earthy music that makes you wonder why these ideas don't
occur to you before)

Jamie Lack
jlack@auran.com
http://www.auran.com