Re[2]: Current Listening and All time top something

>>Jan Gabarek...he has a release with David Torn btw and another one with
>>Frisell.

>Hey Patrick , good to see someone mentioning Jan Garbarek. I say this coz
>he is definately worth checkin out! He directly influenced David Torn ,
>and
>probably many of the other
>guitarists he played with , wich include (and here`s the point of all
>this):
>John Abercrombie , Ralph Towner , Bill Frisell (2 discs) , David Torn ,
>Terje Rypdal.
>I say , he must be the John Mayall of ECM!!!?!

I didn't realize he had played with Towner... He IS the John Mayall of
wiggly
guitar players. I like that idea. Someone should tell Jan that!

>The disc with Torn is called "It`S ok to listen to the great voice" , and
>has some great clean,compressed,volumepedal guitar. Very different from
>his
>solo-albums but you still hear his voice.

I believe the disc is "It's ok to listen to the *grey* voice". It's been
awhile,
but this thread has me thinking about digging that out of my vinyl
collection.
(That means I'd have to go find the turntable as well.) It really is true
that
Torn had his voice quite well established at that point.

>now I`m depressed........
>yours , Thomas W

Melancholy helps those moody ambient loops along!
Cheers, Miko