Line ups

To make up for the unmitigated (un-midi-gated?) techno-dorkery of all of
my posts, I thought I would try to take my head away for the soldiering
boars for just a minute and ask:

What sort of lineups to the LD musicians use?

I am in two bands now.  Looping seems sort of pointless for one, and I
am planning on working it into the other.  A project I was part of while
ago made good use of the loops (2 gtrs, bass and drums)  but I have
found in general, the fewer people, the better the loopage.  My quandry
is that I am not particulary excited by the sound of myself playing
alone- I enjoy the interactions between musicians to be the most
rewarding part of being a musician.

What do all think?  How do you set up your own bands/ensembles/sonic
orgies?

Trevor