RE: looping and Punk@!%!!

>        Dave Trenkel asked:
>        "Didn't Mission of Burma, Roger Miller's early band, have a
>member who just did processing and tape-looping?"
>
>        Yes,  Their soundman, Martin Swope, added tape loops which was
>an integral part of their live sound and their latter recordings.

Right, and didn't Swope and Miller start Birdsongs of the Mesozoic? That
was a cool band, especially their early stuff. I loved their chessy
new-wave cover of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra