Leonardo, seductive is the Dark side, do not be swayed!

Hey,

I'm going to take a stab at this one.  Sorry Greg, but you are neglecting
the mysterious side of reality.  Yes that's right, I can get two JamMans
to pass midi from one to the other.  Yes I know it's impossible, but if
you let go your concious self, and feel the Force flowing in and through
you, it works.  Here's how I go about it:

First train with Jedi master. (optional) Then, hook the output of a
sequencer or Drum machine to the MIDI in of a JamMan (optional) use
a MIDI merge to take the MIDI out of an ART X-15 MIDI foot controller and
merge it with the sequencer output.  This allows both clock and program
change info to get into the JamMan. You could run the MIDI clock through
the effects, but that gets messy for me.

Nobody likes a mess!

Now, take the MIDI out of JamMan #1 and run it to JamMan #2.  Feel the
Force flowing...Start the sequencer, use either the foot controller of
JamMan #1 or a MIDI controller and send a start loop (MIDI message #1) the
loop will close itself according to the length of your sequence.  Now,
start a loop with JamMan #2 in the same way.  They are independent, but
both synched to eachother.  Yes, I actually do this all the time.
Remember, there is no try.  There is only do, or not do.  Now, when I send
a MIDI message from my foot controller, because it's merged with the MIDI
clock from the sequencer, it hits my JamMan as well as JamMan #2.  I know
this works, as it's currently a problem for me because JamMan #2 is being
manned by a different person in my band and he doesn't always want a MIDI
fade message when I send one to my JamMan. (he can't be first in line, as
my MIDI merge requires a hot +5v center pin, and the JamMan doesn't supply
this.  My Ensonic TS-10's MIDI out does.)  A MIDI message of program
change #11, sent
from my ART X-15 Ultrafoot (could my success have something to do with the
"Ultra" quality of the X-15?  Could be...) always sends my band mates
JamMan into a fade, along with mine. Mute and restart work as well, but I
don't use them as much so it's not a problem.

Yes Greg, it's true.  I've even captured this phenomana on audio and video
tape.  It really works, if you have faith...  Don't get sore, though.  You
KNOW what that could lead to...