Re: Leonardo, seductive is the Dark side, do not be swayed!

At 20.50 25/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I'm going to take a stab at this one.  Sorry Greg, but you are neglecting
>the mysterious side of reality.  Yes that's right, I can get two JamMans
>to pass midi from one to the other.  Yes I know it's impossible, but if
>you let go your concious self, and feel the Force flowing in and through
>you, it works.  Here's how I go about it:
>
>First train with Jedi master. (optional) Then, hook the output of a
>sequencer or Drum machine to the MIDI in of a JamMan (optional) use
>a MIDI merge to take the MIDI out of an ART X-15 MIDI foot controller and
>merge it with the sequencer output.  This allows both clock and program
>change info to get into the JamMan. You could run the MIDI clock through
>the effects, but that gets messy for me.
>
>Nobody likes a mess!
>
>Now, take the MIDI out of JamMan #1 and run it to JamMan #2.  Feel the
>Force flowing...Start the sequencer, use either the foot controller of
>JamMan #1 or a MIDI controller and send a start loop (MIDI message #1) the
>loop will close itself according to the length of your sequence.  Now,
>start a loop with JamMan #2 in the same way.  They are independent, but
>both synched to eachother.  Yes, I actually do this all the time.
>Remember, there is no try.  There is only do, or not do.  Now, when I send
>a MIDI message from my foot controller, because it's merged with the MIDI
>clock from the sequencer, it hits my JamMan as well as JamMan #2.  I know
>this works, as it's currently a problem for me because JamMan #2 is being
>manned by a different person in my band and he doesn't always want a MIDI
>fade message when I send one to my JamMan. (he can't be first in line, as
>my MIDI merge requires a hot +5v center pin, and the JamMan doesn't supply
>this.  My Ensonic TS-10's MIDI out does.)  A MIDI message of program
>change #11, sent
>from my ART X-15 Ultrafoot (could my success have something to do with the
>"Ultra" quality of the X-15?  Could be...) always sends my band mates
>JamMan into a fade, along with mine. Mute and restart work as well, but I
>don't use them as much so it's not a problem.

Well, in this way the master is the seq/drum machine, right?
It's not what I was thinging about, but worth a try.

Having to buy a midi box to control program changes from my pedalboard, i'd
like to use my jam as master and drum machine and other jam as slaves. I
wanna rule the world!

ciao
leo