Chew on this

Here's a little quote from the Chemical Brothers off of Wired News
(www.wired.com/news).  It states my side of the whole sampling question
pretty nicely...

Of course, sampling other records, and even yourself, is nothing new, and
the Chemical Brothers are certainly not the only band doing it. So, what
happens when the tables are turned and others try to copy them? "If we get
asked to do a soundtrack for an advertisement or film and we say no, they
will just get some programmer to replicate our sound. It's made to be
similar, they've taken the sounds and analyzed it, but it will never be
good music without feeling or care," says Rowlands. "It's like some people
go out and buy a certain guitar thinking that they can play it, and it's
the same with computers and samplers. But you can't make the same music,
it's not music without the emotion behind it.... You can't copy a feel,
you can't sample emotion."

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.       /* dstagner@icarus.net */
   -Charles Fort