Re: How To Buy an Echoplex, Step One: WAIT

        Is this first come, first serve? In Feb. it will be a year of
waiting. I
placed my order with a vender very low in the pecking order, and I
understand that completely. But I would have led my life differently if I
had been given a realistic time frame from the beginning. Every month it's
another 4-6 weeks. Last summer I spent who knows how much gas money on my
van because I was carrying around way too much equipment, expecting to be
mailed the EDPs  upon arival. But that's the least of it.

        These aren't just toys to me, It's what I want to DO. I was
waiting to go
back to school so I would have lots of time free to study looping. Now when
I get them,  if I get them, I'll be too intwined in Plan B to give it my
full attention. But the worst of it is how my self confidence has wained
while waiting. And what do you tell your grandfather before he dies anyway,
"Yes Gramps, I really AM doing something worth while switching from
instrument to instrument alone in my room and stomping on tape marks on the
floor marked "Multiply" and "Undo" and..."

        Sorry for the tryrate, but what do you expect after nearly a year?
What am
I to expect? I understand that it was difficult. And the people that read
this aren't neccesarly the ones who screwed up. But when can I expect
deliver? Honestly?

        I think Oberheim should throw in the extra simms for full memory
at cost
or less, personaly. But that's not why I'm writting this, don't get me
wrong. I JUST WANT MY PLEXES. Or at least a date I can expect them so I
don't fuck myself again.

Peace.