Re: Echoplex syncing

At 9:59 PM -0500 1/19/98, Matthew Blais wrote:
>Hi,
>
>My name is Matthew, I'm new to this list.
>
>I have two V5.0 Echoplexes which I have been trying (in vain) to get to
>operate synced in stereo with BrotherSync.  has anybody out there been
>successful at this, or does it just NOT WORK?  Anyone else tried this?

well, I'm quite certain it works, since I spent about a year testing it! If
there's anything wrong after that, it's the beta tester's fault...:-)

You probably have something wrong in your set up.

First of all, with LoopIII v5.0 the default parameters are set for stereo.
So start off by resetting the parameters on both units. You do this by
turning the power on with the Parameter button held down. Keep it held
until the start up screen finishes and you get to the reset screen. Now all
your parameters should be set right for stereo.

Next, decide which unit is the master. This is the one where you will
execute all the controls. The slave will just follow it.

Connect a Midi cable from the Midi Out of the master unit to the Midi in of
the slave. At this point you should be able to execute functions on the
master and see that the slave follows.

The BrotherSync connection ensures that the stereo units maintain very
tight synchronization between each other, actually locking the sample
clocks together. Make sure you have the right sort of cable. It should be a
1/4" tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) cable. A mono cable will NOT work. Connect the
BrotherSync's of the two units together with this cable.

That should be it. The master should control the slave, and you should have
stereo loops. Let me know if you have any other questions.

kim