Re[2]: ring modulators

Mark Sottilaro wrote:
I too searched the world for a ring modulator about 3 years ago and came
up almost blank.  I ended up building the kit version, as I'm pretty
good with electronics componants.  Don't waste you time.  It was so
noisy it was unusable.  However, I came across the Korg AX-30.  I LOVE
IT!  It's got a beautiful ring moduator (very quiet), as well as great
"fuzz face/big muff" style distortion....
SNIP...

I've got a Boss GX-700 and it has a pretty decent ring modulator. It has a
smart
feature which tracks your frequency as well as the capability to leave it
at a
fixed frequency as well. I can be blended in any combo of dry / wet
dynamically
using continuous control. Pretty cool for that sneaky weird note you just
have
to have in that solo...

The GX-700 also has a pretty full grab bag of all their distortions and
preamp
emulations, a fixed / pedal / auto wah module, as well as speaker
simulators and
eq. It has a programmable series or parallel loop which can be inserted in
any
order in the patch. It has a modulation section of which the ring mod is a
part.
It has a separate chorus module as well as delay, pan - vibrato, and
reverb.
This box ran me $350.00 used on the net. It's been a great addition to my
rack.

Regarding looping... I haven't yet tried long delays with high regen
values only
because I have a LXP15, a JamMan, and a Vortex. I'll get around to
checking that
part out someday!

-Miko