Re: contestant nr2: prog rock--is it homoerotic?

Woehni <hovard@online.no> opined:

>Ever since Eddie Van Halen came on the scene in the late 70`s and up to
>the
breakthrough
>of Nirvana in the nineties .....

(time passes...)

>...The ideal beeing that Mysterious Warrior that came in from the storm
with his Axe in hand , Ready To Rock (tm) at any moment. Unleashing viscous
and erupting
>runs and licks. A Punisher , A Wildman , A demon!!!!    Macho , macho ,
macho was very important.Not to mention macho.  If you add these ideals to
the image of the guitarists with
>Thight leather pants , big pouting red lips , steelchains around the waist
and a guitar that looks like its made to penetrate bodily cavities ,
WHADDYA
GET?????

>Homoerotic expression.

WRONG, buffalo breath!  All of the above fails to mention the WOMEN - most
of 'em in their teens like the male attendees - that were inexplicably
attracted to (and here's the formula):

1.  Tight leather pants (sporting armadillos most likely)
2.  Big, pouting, red lips
3.  Steel chains everywhere, not just the waist
4.  Big hair

And, while I've not been to a Cinderella/Pos'in/Ratt concert in this
universe, stories regarding their groupies were somewhat common in those
days...  FEMALE groupies, kids.  The talk about the main audiences being
composed of boys may well be a smoke screen for the fact that many of the
bands-in-question were very organized in getting women from the audience
for
after-show parties... Somehow I don't think America's Dads are ready to
admit that was happening... [snicker]

So, homoeroticism?  Bullocks!  Even the New York Dolls knew that something
about the androgynous look attracted the 'more sophisticated' ladies.. :)

Stephen Goodman  * It's... The Loop Of The Week!
EarthLight Studios    * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios