Re: From a new guy with lots of dumb questions

 Just a
>few dumb questions:
>
>1.)  It seems that most of us are guitar players (as I am, though I'm
>slowly making the
>transition to the Stick).  Is anyone experimenting with looped vocals,
>percussion, etc.?
>Just curious.

Hi, not a dumb question at all. Most of my looping is done in the context
of a duo, Fingerpaint. We're both guitarists, but via MIDI we trigger a
variety of synths and drum machines, We've looped vocal sounds, recordeed
sounds, loops feed into other effects and then re-looped, the occassional
burst of a feedback loop. My favoritee was a loop that begins a piece on
our cassette which was marbles in a vase with water feeding a vortex. This
was then looped and made a carpet for the rest of the piece to play on. The
piece is called "U Don't Miss Me."

I know one person pn this list is looping vocals and you will be able to
hear her, Siobahn Canty, in the DC version of the Mid-Atlantic Loop Show on
April 18th in Mt Ranier, MD. More details to follow.

Patrick

 ***  ***    ** Fingerpaint http://www.his.com/~patrick/FNGP.html  ***  **