ECM (was Frisell/torn)

>Torn played with Jan Garbarek: It's OK to listen to the gray voice.
>Frissell played with Jan Garbarek: (Hoonosewutitscalled?) (It's in my
>vinyl
>collection.)
>
>Now that I actually try to recall I may have the players and title mixed
>up. But
>they both DID PLAY WITH JAN GARBAREK! I'm sure, i'm sure, i'm sure! (Wow,
>reality is getting really slippery these days.)

You are in the right ,realaxe :-))   Frisell made 2(?) Discs as a
guitarist for garbarek , one is called " Paths, prints , and...."???
(not really shure on that one)
and the other one was called "Wayfarer"....   Me , beeing a weird
Norwegian and all , I love that airy lush ECM sound.
Kinda reminds me of home (up on the Northern coastline)  when Im sitting
here in Oslo (the largest city here).

A tip to all of you fellow ECM luvvas:    Kenney Wheeler - The
FlugelHornist , Trumpeter and Composer.... He has released a bunch of
wonderfull and deep records on ECM. BTW , Im not talking hi tech ,  angry
avant-punk here. I talking "afrodisiac for the soul".....(could I
be any more pompous??)   Wheelers music has all the good stuff,
Composition  imrovisation  timbre and so forth , only;  Its not a guitar ,
its
the warmest sounding horn since Chet Baker  (the jazz purists will "fatwa"
me for that one.) As an additional bonus to us on the list (it seems),
Wheeler phoned Bill Frisell when he went into the studio to record his
latest : "Angel Song".  Angel song is a must have for any
Sentient Beeing That Owns a Stereo. Its on ECM , and its made by  Wheeler
, Konitz , Holland , Frisell ..(all of wich need no introduction Im shure).

>I've always been attracted to that Scandanavian 'endless plain'
>atmospheric
>style... Garbarek, Rypdal. On "Where in the World" Frissell really floats
>out
>there on a couple tracks as well.

Yeah!  That one has always been my favourite frisell album , and now you
made me realize why....

>I got both these CD's around the same time (a long time ago). They were
>also my
>first exposure to Torn and Frissell. Soon after Power Tools w/Frissell
>came out
>and that really did it for me. I like Frissell a lot, but Torn has a
>little more
>wiggle in his concept which strikes a little closer to home for me.

Power Tools?   I have heard mention of that before , but I have no idea
what it is. ne1??

Yours , Thomas W