I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress...

You wrote:

< I think the deal is
<that you can't hear a continuous tone over 20KHz (lower if you've
abused
<your ears like me....)  but you can discern transients that have higher

<frequencies. I think Neve would demonstrate this by switching a 15KHz
sine
<wave and a 15KHz square wave. All the frequencies that make it a square

<wave are above the human range of hearing, so it should sound the same
as
<the sine wave, but supposedly it doesn't.

I think that Todd Rundgren said it best, "Time is just a joke, change is
all that we understand..."

I would propose that it is not the repetition of the loop that is so
seductive, but how it is superimposed/contrasted over ever changing
reality/mental state that does the trick.