Notes on the Profiles site

I've noticed that a couple people have submitted profiles which have
incorrect URL entries.  That is, the URL information was incomplete or
included extra characters, which prevents it from being a functional link.

Please remember that the URL entry must contain the ENTIRE URL, as it would
appear in your web browser.

For example:

This is correct:

http://www.annihilist.com/cgi_bin/profiles.cgi

These are NOT correct:

www.annihilist.com/cgI-bin/profiles.cgi

http://www.annihilist.com/cgi_bin/profiles.cgi-------------

Please double-check your profile and make sure that your links are
functional.  Thanks!

Also, there has been interest in having links to (real-audio?) sound files
from the loopers site.  It would be easy for me to add a field which
provides these links.  However, I am wondering if that would be redundant
with the URL field, as many of you probably have sound files on your home
oage, which you can link to via the URL field.  ALso, having the sound file
links on your own page would allow you to provide more information about
the sound file itself.  ANy ideas about this?

I was thinking that one cool thing would be to have a link to a sound file,
which could automatically download and play when someone views your
profile.  That way they could (without effort) hear your loops as they read
your profile.  What sound player would be best to use for this application?
Beatnik?  Real audio?

- chris

Chris Chovit
avec@gomez.jpl.nasa.gov
 AVIRIS Experiment Coordinator      pager #: (888) 415-4547