Re: Speakers

93

---Fmplautus <Fmplautus@aol.com> wrote:
> In short, a good pa is a great thing and they
have definitly gotten better,
> more affordable and lighter, but we crave a
new guitar speaker design that
> would have BOTH great tweeters (make that
footswitchable on/off great
> tweeters) and guitar like crunch and
punch...and put those great speakers in a
> LIGHT stereo cabinet please.

What I use is the SansAmp PSA-1 and a pair of
DOD grey box cabinet speaker simulators.  Run
that direct to your PA and when you want a DI
sound, switch off the simulators and either use
a flat setting on the preamp, or bypass it.
When you want guitar crunch, switch 'em back in
line.  It won't *quite* replace the sound of
properly miked guitar speaker cabs, but it gets
damn close.

93

Rev. Doubt-GOat