Phantom ring modulating

EVERYONE writes:
>>Throughout my life I've had a very odd thing happen with my hearing. It
>>happens rarely, once every other month or so. The hearing in one ear or
>>the other will do a complete fade out and be replaced by a high pitched
>>tone. I won't be able to hear anything else in that ear. This will last
>>about a minute,

Me too, me too... so with that established, anyone know what it IS??

Onto ring modulating.  This from a review of the Boss ME30 in this month's
The Guitar Magazine....

"I have but one niggle.  What is the point of that load of arse called ring
modulation that Boss and other makers keep shoving in these units?  With
the exception of frightening small children, there doesn't seem to be a
single use for it.  Any serious (printable) suggestions would be very
welcome indeed"

Anyone wanting to give them a serious (printable) suggestion, send it to
The Guitar Magazine on guitar@lhm.co.uk  Or, send them to me and I'll
collate them.

Michael