Tony Levin! & others on LTE

> question for the chat, eh?  Also you'll definitely want to ask questions
> about Tony's participation in the new Magna Carta release, Liquid Tension
> Experiment with keyboardist Jordan Rudess, guitarist John Petrucci and
> drummer Mark Portnoy.  This has just been released.

Been listening more to this release - it's great - my only (small)
complaint is a few too many "big metal" wank solos from the very
accomplished Petrucci on guitar...otherwise - it swings thru heavy,
progressive -metal (just hearing Tony kill on a the speed - metal opening
track is worth the price of admission!!!) - Petrucci commands a nice
palette of tones - lots of Kansas Leftoverture in these boys' veins....

But - a surprising breadth of material here - pls don't blow it off if you
generally dislike Dream Theater (1/2 of this project are from that
outfit..) there is some cool African grooving (shades of Tony's  recent
Widow Jane CD sprinkled througout..) and even quite a dose of funky
grooves...it's really a diff. space for the Tone-meister. And Mike Portnoy
is simply one of the sickest drummers on earth - incredible chops, yet, at
home with a cool afro-cuban ostinato as well. Jordan Rudess on keys
completes the fine textures - i saw him open for the steve morse band - in
a duo setting with fellow dregs-man rod morgenstein.. Like Gary said, run
over to  <http://www.artist-shop.com/magna>.

andre' east