Re: Echoplex prices

At 11:44 AM 3/19/98 -0800, Peter Harlan wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Is anyone aware of any stores running especially good deals
>on new Echoplexes? I'm looking to buy one in the very near
>future.

try bananas at large....

>By the way, I read some archived info after recently joining
>this list, and I came across references to an overheating
>problem these things have, causing erratic behavior if more
>than so much RAM is installed. Has this been addressed by
>Oberheim yet?

that problem had nothing whatsoever to do with the amount of ram installed.
Somebody posted that on Harmony Central a long time ago and it's never been
corrected. (and therefore I've had to answer the question thousands of
times
:-(

The thermal problem that occured in older oberheim echoplexes was fixed
about two years ago, and is not a problem now. For anyone who has an older
unit, fixing the problem is very easy and is explained in the echoplex faq
on the Looper's Delight site.

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com