Re: Stick amplific.

Re:>>I was wondering about Stick players and their amplification.......
I have gathered that the output of a stick is basically
stereo:  top strings and bottom strings on separate output.
How do you lucky bastards( that actually own a stick) amplify it???
A guitaramp for the top and a bass amp for the bottom???<<

Since the Stick is relatively new and there is not a long held tradition, I
think that you will find that different players approach it differently,
depending on what they are trying to do. It is stereo with two seperate
outs. Some players do use two seperate amps to give very distinct voices to
the two sides. I used to play this way. Lately though I take more of a
"keyboard" kind of approach. I play through an old Fender guitar amp with
two inputs and it gives me a pretty unified sound.  I have a seperate
effects chain on each side so there is some disinction but the overall
tonal charactersics blend pretty closely. To keep things on topic, I use my
delay on the melody side so I tend to get arpegiated loops going and then
create bass/rhythm grooves in the lower range.

Greg