jamperson features

Dr Hughes, great post.  How are things working with
further experimentation?

I too have a problem with re-tapping when looping in echo
mode.  I get that nasty click too.  Sometimes i can
figure out a creative way to incorporate that little
artifact, but usually not so i find myself avoiding the
possibility.

Also, some have suggested turning up the the feedback
to 16 (still talking JM here) and then tapping in the
loop while playing.

But i have always had a couple problems trying this.
First, if i turn JM's feedback up to 16 in delay mode
before tapping in a "loop" time, it doesn't take long
for the default 60msec delay time (or whatever it is)
to generate a heck of a lot of noise just from a tiny
amount of system noise building on itself.  Am i alone
with this problem?

So, what i then tried was keeping the feedback at 1
while tapping in the loop time AND while playing.  But
until i hit tap the second time, the delay is still at
that very short default setting, which just doesn't sound
right on most sounds i'm putting into JM.

And as Dr. Hughes observed (to one's advantage in many
situations), JM will then loop that delay.  So it isn't
just the first time you play while tapping in the loop
time (again, this is all in the echo mode), but is repeated
back at you over and over.

Am i making myself clear here?  Not sure so i'm asking.

What i finally did was get a Digitech midi pedal so i could
fade, allowing the loop evolve.  But i almost always get a
funky little click when sending the fade message while
"recording".  And if i hit fade while NOT in record, hitting
tap to end the fading process often adds a click into the
loop.

(sigh)  Anyone else experience any of this?

I like looping in echo mode.  I like having more control over
the feedback level than just the three in loop mode with midi.
And i'm working with a mixer, so the bypass problem isn't
really an issue for me.  So if anyone has any suggestions
on getting around those problems, please do share!  It'd be
nice to be able to fade in loop mode too though, without
leaving any artifacts in the loop using midi.  So again, any
suggestions would be appreciated.

I know, i know, buy an echoplex.  And i will some day, when
the budget allows.  But i'd like to get JM to be working for
me as best as possible in the meantime.

There was mention of Mr. Sellon's upgrade allowing one to
change from loop mode to echo mode and back.  Does anyone
have any up-to-date info on this?

Thanks so much everyone,

Pete Koniuto