Re: sale! (was. switcher)

At 08:13 PM 3/24/98 +0100, Woehni wrote:

>>Ive got a switchblade & would recommend it highly for your application .
>It
>>is as already mentioned incredibly versatile
>

>and incredible expensive....... after joining the list I have gotten some
darn expensive >cravings:

you know, for the longest time now I've had this simple judgement criteria
when I walk into a show:

The more expensive a band's gear is, the worse they are.

turns out to be true surprisingly often. It's either the weekend warrior
thing where they have a good day job, plenty of disposable income to buy
toys, and no time to practice, kids with rich parents and no particular
dedication to anything, or what we might call the
"guy-with-small-penis-and-really-fast-sports-car" syndrome.

The people who are really confident in their music skills seem quite able
get on stage with really simple gear, and they are the ones that usually
end
up impressing hell out of me. I'll never forget the time I saw Max Roach
play with the bare minimum of a drum set, and keep an auditorium full of
jazz musicians fully entertained for an hour and a half.

That should be your goal, not the impressive list of gear.

(although I still think you should buy two echoplexes :-)  )

>Would anyone like to buy Norway?  It`s in mint condition , bedroom
used-only , and manual
>can be found on manufacturers website.   :-)

Would you take a slightly used Golden Gate Bridge in exchange? Also, would
you pay shipping costs to the south pacific?  I don't like cold weather
very
much. ;-)

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com