Phemonenon and on and on and...

>>>In addition, what is a 'hammer-on'?  Sounds like some kinda CB lingo...
>:)
>>>Really, though, is it some kind of finger-tapping technique?

>>This one I do know.  A hammer-on is simply hammering a note down on the
>>fretboard without plucking the string.  Usually done after playing
>another
>>note.  You then simply use another finger to tap a higher fret.

>Ok, then!  Is this like what some would call a 'trill', stylistically or
>musically?

A hammer -on specifically implies that the sound is produced by the
hammering of finger on fret rather than plucking.  You could trill by
hammering on (and pulling off- though that's a whole NEW ballgame!), or by
plucking each note. It's a form of slur.

>A double-stop is playing two whole notes at the same time sepparated by
>a string.

A double stop is playing two notes on adjacent strings - hell, it's
probably just playing two notes period!  It's a violin term for when you
play the two adjacent strings to form an interval.  For a chord you need
"triple stops".  I THINK there is an implication with double-stops that the
two notes should be voiced as simultaneously as possible.

Michael