Re: Oberheim Drummer (was: Loopinh Ensembler)

As Kim said, the Drummer has no sounds of its own. It is an interactive
midi drum pattern device. It has around 1000 patterns and can be set up to
play in different time signatures. It can be set up to respond to midi
velocity and can also be set up to listen for silence. With low velocity it
might play the pattern with side stick and closed hi hat and with high
velocity might switch to a regular snare drum and a ride cymbal. This will
vary with the pattern selected. With the silence feature, the Drummer will
listen for a thinning of the midi data stream on the selected channel. When
 it senses silence or fewer notes it will throw in fills. It has a variety
of fills so they are not the same each time. You can also set the drummer
up so that notes below a keyboard split will determine the bass drum hits
for the pattern.
You can use any combination of the velocity, note density, and keyboard
split features.It is actually a cool little device for those of us that are
not capable of sequencing believable drum parts. Namely me.
Hope that helps.

Pat Murphy
Oberheim