Re: Current Listening, once againnnnn...

>I also have been listening to the Nels Cline Trio, "Ground" and that's a
>nice
>blend of straight ahead free jazz, with a heavy dose of Sonic Youth style
>noise
>injection. Nels and Thurston Moore also have a disc out called "The Pillow
>Wand"
>which is also interesting for aggressive ambience types.

We opened for Nels' trio a while ago, awesome band. Does some very cool
stuff with the E/H 16 second delay.

>I listen to Terje Rypdal "EOS" (duo with cellist David Darling) at least
>two
>times a week...

I've not heard that one, but his 2 trio discs with Jack DeJohnette and
Miroslav Vitous are among my favorite ECM records.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra