Re[2]: structured looping interface (was Folk/Celtic Looping

>>Kim Flint wrote:

>> What do you think would be a more useful interface for real-time looping
>> with more structured music? Any ideas of what would work better for
>you? (or
>> anyone else?)

Claude Voit wrote...
>Kim Kim Kim
>Are you back in the garage getting high with solder fumes? This is the
>second
>time that you ask for *""ideas"*" about a new interface for looping...

And who's going to fund this project? The vast reserves of looping
fanatics out
there? 8->

>Heres my contribution... (snip) but i'll talk for the fooswitch only

>8 switches plus an up and down pair of switches for banking on top of
>each
>switch a 3 caracter led display wich  would describe the function
>assigned to
>the switch plus an eight car. led display for naming the banks

This sounds like a *MIDI-foot-controller* to me... A dedicated pedal
leaves your
*other* floor peds/boards to do the tone mods, sure, but this kind of
control
sounds like possible redundancy *assuming* there's a midi controller
somewhere.

The other possiblilty might be a glass interface... (Computer, PDA??? or
dedictated music controller, with a screen)

.01 cents worth...

Still having much fun with my JamMan!

-Miko