PANIC! Echoplex freaks out

Dear loopers,

I have had my Echoplex for a couple of weeks now and I haven't had a single
problem with it. BUT today it has acted really strange. Suddenly it just
kills the loop and the display goes black, however all the lights under the
buttons are lit, but I can't press any buttons. And a couple of times
everything has gone black.So I have to turn the power off and start again.
Sometimes it also has a problem starting up. The LOOP3 flashes over the
display maybe six times before it works.

I know that there has been a discussion about this a while ago. But I
didn't have a Plex then so I didn't follow it, and I can't find the thread
in the archive.

Could this be a software problem? (I have the new 5.0)

Please help me, if this happens during a gig it would be a disaster!

Thanks,
Mattias Ribbing