Re: Boomerang

At 05:58 PM 7/22/98 -0400, The Unit Circle wrote:
>  It isn't as powerful as the
>echoplex, but it is much simpler to use in a performance setting.  If I
>had more cash, I would use the echoplex in the studio and the 'rang on
>stage.

We designed the echoplex specifically to be easy to use in performance, and
based that off quite a lot of study of it's predecessors and users. For
instance the display and LEDs show you what is going on and where you are,
and are large enough to see. The functions all operate in ways we found to
be most musically intuitive. And if you accidently hit the wrong button and
destroy or screw up your loop, you just press Undo and it's back, even
staying in time.

So I'm sort of curious about your impression that it isn't simple or useful
in performance. What specifically do you find complicated about it? If
there
is something that can be improved, we'd like to hear your opinion.

kim
Kim Flint, MTS                 408-752-9284
Chromatic Research             kflint@chromatic.com
http://www.chromatic.com