Re: average loop music CD price

>> I can understand there is a higher set of operating costs involved in
>> exporting your work to another country, but is there still a reason to
put
>> base price of $12 on something that costs less than $2 to manufacture?
>
>The manufacturing costs aren't very high, but I also spent substantial
>amounts
>for the studios who helped getting my tracks into shape.
>
>* michael peters mpeters@csi.com
>* "escape veloopity" electronic guitar loop music

though i am not a looper, i play music with a looping guitarist, so i just
gotta say: :)

pricing art is TOTALLY different from pricing a pair of pants made in
indonesia for a penny.
not only are you paying for 'the studios who helped get the tracks into
shape', you're paying for the expertise of the artist, the collective time
and money the artist has put into the work.........ALL the years of
training................how can we all sit around and devalue our work like
this? frankly the going rate for a CD bought brand new in a commercial
chain
is at least $15. why sell mine for less? i happen to believe the music i
make is easily as good as what is being produced by major manufacturers. i
bet there are lots of others on the list who may feel the same way. i am
also lucky that in my area most independent artists are selling their CD's
for $10-$15. this is a good thing. in addition, i think if you're selling
your product very cheaply this gives the consumer the idea that what you
have to sell isn't very good.

Misha
'Future Perfect' - art music - visit our website at:
http://home1.gte.net/artmusic/