Re: Loops on Acid

Hi Andrew,
I realize this is an old post but I'll respond anyway.

I just puchased the Sonic Foundry Acid program about two months ago and
am very pleased with it.  I used it in a few performances already.  It's
very intuitive and user friendly for a pc based system.  I loaded it in
my laptop so, my setup is very portable.  I basicly cut my setup in half.

All the samples I use from my Emax is now being accessed by the Acid
program as well as my SH-101, MC-202 and any other loops I want to bring
into the audio arena.  Basicly, I use the Acid program as a
sampler/looper.
I sample my sounds into the Acid prog. and then set my loops of the samples
were I want them to play.  I can program what seems to be an endless
amount
of tracks before the performance or during.  You can build as big a
library
of sounds as your hard drive can hold and access them live while the
sequence is running.  It's very nice to be able to change pitch and tempo
live as well
without changing the original sample.  Within minutes of loading the
program into my laptop, I was composing loops and pieces with ease.  I
haven't even
mentioned the ability to have plug-ins and FX yet..........!

All and all, I'd say it's a worth while program.  The only thing (I've
heard)
that is anything like it is a Kurzwiel synth.

Happy looping and sampling,

Mark of b.
Theatre of the Mind

p.s.  If you want to see me live I'll be performing in Philly at upstairs
      at Nick's, 16 So. 2nd Street on September 1st.  PD-5 (Punch Drunk)
      will also be performing that night.