Re: Guitar Effects (non-looping content)

Matt replied:
>two words: vor-tex
>another two words: e-bow
>
>make sure to get an expression pedal for that vortex, and let the
>wackiness begin!
>
>matt

One great thing about the E-bow is that is makes the string vibrate very
hard thus sending out a STRONGER signal. This gives us the options to get
very wacky with our effects settings:  A "patch" of effects , say some
pedals , some rackmounts and a wah , that might sound weak and muffled
when played with a pick , could sound awesome when played with the E-bow.
You know that type of sound we all get when we been turning the knobs a
lil`bit too far??  When you can barely hear the pitch of what`s beeing
played??

That`s the time to whip out your E-bow and go "ooooooooooo!"...........

My advice: try working through your rig`s effect possibillities while
playing the E-bow and NOT trying put the sounds with a pick first.  The
two has to be tweaked in a very different way.

Hope this helps , Thomas