Re: Electro Harmonix Rumblings...

Oh boy...

> >      > > 3. We are reissuing the 16 second digital delay. Of course
>now,
> >      > > memories are so much bigger, that we have this first model
> >      > > prepped to be 16 times more powerful. The only addition will
>be
> >      > > a midi out sync so it can drive a midi drum machine as option.
>
> Hey that sounds pretty cool.  Doesn't the original unit allow you to
>change
> the delay time?  So, is it safe to assume that the MIDI beat clock output
> would shift accordingly?  Can that happen w/o a discontiuity in the beat
> clock?

I was the person who originally mailed this to the AH list. I have to
point out that ALL of this is vaporware at this point. the 16 second
delay more than any other piece. Even Ron Neeley the EH man (and a
*great* repair tech BTW) who posted this to his page just shrugs and
said he doesn't know if sovtek/new Sensor is serious or not.

One thing I will say with certainty is that these rumors have been
running for well over two years (regarding the Micro/Bass microsynth)
the pedal hasn't been released or given a relase date yet and no
official word is out when/if it will be available let alone features and
prices.

So basically don't hold your breath folks. Years ago mid rumbling of the
microsynth reissue I got one at VINTAGE!!(tm)  prices and quite frankly
I'm glad I did, I love it dearly. if these creatures do come out all the
better. Personally i'm not about to pay $800+ for a broken/scratched up
used 16 second delay anyway so it's not as though I'm missing something
if the wait is two more years or never for that matter.

I posted the mails because i thought it might squash some of the more
outragoues rumors that were going around not to start or confirm new
ones. I would hate to see discussions about specifics on a piece that
doesn't even exist yet start to creep up.

Me, I love my obie echoplex :)

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.