Re: Bernard Purdie.....

At 2:59 AM -0700 8/27/98, Dizfunkt@aol.com wrote:

>you clear the sample, not the drummer (whose name is Bernard Purty, I
>belive.
>It'z an absolute sin that he is not in the rock n' roll hall of fame
>yet.) It

wow, you remind me of several times working at namm/frankfurt music
tradeshows, when I had the enourmous pleasure to be in the same booth
where Bernard Purdie was doing demos all day, trading off with Gregg
Bissonette. God, it was such a pleasure to listen to them! The two of them
just exuded joy and enthusiasm while they played, even on the fifth day of
hell at frankfurt. And Bernard is just a jaw-droppingly awesome drummer.
On top of that, he was just so nice a guy, it was something.

you're right, he deserves much more credit. He's done much more than the
funky drummer though, he's one of the top session players in the
world......

kim