Re: This Sampling debate

Just wanted to change the tone a little on this debate.

Why, with such a diversity of license free sample distributors, should
anyone want to take the risk of using copyrighted material?

The quality of many of these samples, and the inspiration they provide are
just as good as (if not better) many commercial tunes.  G-Zero is probably
my favourite at the minute - a lot of fresh stuff in their CDs, and
everything I've created using them has sounded totally original.

In the UK, the top sample distributor is Time and Space
( www.timespace.com ) and I'm sure there must be equivalents in the states
(where I presume most people on this list are from).

Just a thought...

Steve Lauder